TNBC Day – March 3, 2015
Marking our third annual TNBC Day, we pledged that 100% of every dollar received from fundraisers will be dedicated exclusively to TNBC specific research projects. With the help of our corporate sponsors, Celgene, Genentech and BioMarin, and with generous support from participants around the globe,
the TNBC Day 2015 initiative raised over $212,000! To learn more visit www.tnbcfoundation.org/tnbcday
Peace, Love and A Cure
May 20th we gathered at the picturesque home of Cindy and Gregg Wolfer to recognize our remarkable honorees, Dr. Linda T. Vahdat, Allstate Insurance Company, Sara Blakely and the inspiring Janna Itzler. The evening raised over $317,000.
LBBC Wellness Weekend – Denver, CO
For the second year in a row, we joined forces with our long-time partner, Living Beyond Breast Cancer, to sponsor the triple negative track of LBBC’s Fall Conference. This track provided patients and survivors with the most up-to-date information about TNBC and offered hundreds of participants from all over the country an opportunity to learn from each other and to connect with the TNBC community.
TNBC Patient Resource Guide – NEW!
Currently in the final stages of development, our new comprehensive guide to Triple Negative Breast Cancer will be available to patients at 375 medical facilities throughout the country. Nearly 23,000 copies have already been preordered!
Rebecca Taylor PSA and Social Media Campaign
In October, we joined with our long time supporter Rebecca Taylor to spread awareness about triple negative breast cancer. The company’s generous support included a cause related marketing campaign, as well as a PSA featuring the famed designer and TNBC survivor Melissa Stolper.
TNBC Symposium – San Antonio, TX
December 7, 2015 – leading researchers in TNBC convened for the 6th TNBC Symposium. The results of the day’s proceedings untimately set the stage for
future explorations and for collaborations across institutions that bring us new discoveries and hope.
2015 Research Support
We continue to support groundbreaking research initiatives at leading medical and research institutions including Stanford, University of North Carolina, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NYU, The Institute of Cancer Research (London), Mount Sinai, Whitehead Institute For Biomedical Research, University of Alabama and the University of Miami.
This year’s grants include:
• The 2015 AACR-Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation Career Development Award (3 year grant, awarded to Eddy S. Yang, MD, PhD)
• 2015 research funding partnership with Samuel Waxman Cancer Research Foundation to support the following three research projects:
– Targeted Epigenetic Therapy of Triple Negative Breast Cancer
– Eradication of Cancer Stem Cells and Reversing the Epithelial Mesenchymal Transition (EMT)
– Toward the early detection and treatment of pregnancy-associated triple negative breast cancer
• The 2015 AACR-Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation Scholar-In-Training Awards (TNBCF will be providing support to 15-20 up and coming researchers
through this program)
Upcoming Research Support for 2016
• $275,000 3-year award, established in memory of Carol Eilbott Klebanow, named the “AACR-Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation-Carol’s Crusade for a Cure Foundation Career Development Award for Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer Research”
• $230,000 3-year Career Development Award through ASCO/Conquer Cancer Foundation
• One year Young Investigator Award through ASCO/Conquer Cancer Foundation
TNBC Foundation received support from several companies and individuals who hosted fundraising initiatives in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month including:
Selina Benoit, Carrington Farms, Create A Cure – Sophie Meharenna, Demarest 5K, Demarest Carnival, Lejune Golf Outing, Max of Montclair, Parkwest Medical Center, Pheel, Breast Rehabilitation & Lymphedema Healing Center, Proskauer Rose LLP, Rebecca Taylor, Run to Fight Breast Cancer, Teeing 4 Tatas, The GYM, USY Gals
Support Services and Patient Education
We continued to expand and improve our support services , resources, and patient education offerings, highlights which include:
• Telephone helpline staffed by oncology social workers
• Small grants program to help patients with treatment related expenses
• Free fact sheets for TNBC patients and caregivers
• Continuing Medical Education programs for doctors and oncology nurses
• Printed and online educational materials for patients
• Online forums where patients have access to round-the-clock peer support
• A funded nurse navigator at Jacobi Medical Center to assist TNBC patients through treatment
• Numerous educational teleconferences, webinars and online support groups offered to patients throughout the year